The Official Houston Astros Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ramband0406 View Post
    Astros vs Yankees. I say good guys in 6 and go to the world series on our own home field.
    Stros in 5. Yankees had the benefit of 7 errors last 2 games. Their vaunted pen will be wore out by game 4, and they're not seeing the ball well at all. Their contact ratio is horrible. I'm going all in. This year's Stros will go down as one of the best teams in multiple areas. They actually already hold unheard of records for MLB as a whole. We won't fully appreciate what they were until after the fact.

For true baseball fans--a stat/brain/strategy game above all--we'll be picking through the data for a while, and enjoying every minute of it. Sabre metrics can fall off a cliff for all I care when put up against tried and true strategy.

I give the Stros +1 on starting pitching, +1 on offense, -1 on pen, and +1 on defense. Add Home Field advantage, and I'm somewhere around a 2 game start, a 1 game loss, and another 2 game finish with the 5th game being an offensive explosion for both teams.

Comment

• Looked on the espn website and they had a poll that showed the Yankees favored to win 60% to 40%. I think they’ re wrong !
      The pride of the KATY TIGERS... AKJohnny

Originally posted by AKJohnny

Mayde Creek going 0-10 this season again?
      I do think it's impressive for a team to go undefeated... any team... Detroit Lions impressed me going 0-16... Mayde Creek impressed me by going 0-10... I'm still not sure if it's harder to man up and go 16-0 or man down and lose every game of the season...

Comment

• 2-0 Stros
        Top 6

Comment

• 2-1 Stros
          Final

Keuchel very strong. Giles gives up solo shot to Bird Top 9. Altuve 3 for 4.

Comment

• Verlander was in beast mode. Nine innings, 5 hits, one run. Altuve and Correa came through for 4 of the 5 Stro hits. Great game! Great series! Stros are doing all the little things right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dawg82 View Post
              Verlander was in beast mode. Nine innings, 5 hits, one run. Altuve and Correa came through for 4 of the 5 Stro hits. Great game! Great series! Stros are doing all the little things right.
              2 wins away from getting tix punched for the big dance
              4 down... 10 more to go... #Grindfor9

Comment

• I think Yanks will have a big showing tonight now the series is back in the Bronx. Morton had some solid outings this season but he' s no Dallas or JV........ we need our bats to get up and against CC whose' looked really good these playoffs it will be a tall order in the first game in NY. The bull pen is gonna get the cal early and they will need to step up weather our bats do or not.

BUT..... if we win this first game in NY... watch out Yanks cause this series is NOT coming back to Houston!

I do think it's impressive for a team to go undefeated... any team... Detroit Lions impressed me going 0-16... Mayde Creek impressed me by going 0-10... I'm still not sure if it's harder to man up and go 16-0 or man down and lose every game of the season...

Comment

I think Yanks will have a big showing tonight now the series is back in the Bronx. Morton had some solid outings this season but he' s no Dallas or JV........ we need our bats to get up and against CC whose' looked really good these playoffs it will be a tall order in the first game in NY. The bull pen is gonna get the cal early and they will need to step up weather our bats do or not.

BUT..... if we win this first game in NY... watch out Yanks cause this series is NOT coming back to Houston!
                  Agree, think if they do win tonight it will be 4 and done, if I was a betting man though my money would be on the Yankees tonight and would be all in with Dawg on the Astros in 5 prediction

Comment

• Originally posted by SBBear View Post

Agree, think if they do win tonight it will be 4 and done, if I was a betting man though my money would be on the Yankees tonight and would be all in with Dawg on the Astros in 5 prediction
                    It' s a safe bet to take it in 5. We will see Sonny Gray tomorrow and we beat him up bad when we saw him with Oakland in June. Long time ago and all that... BUT... I like our odds there matching him with Peacock or Lance M. Close out with Dallas on Wednesday even though I'm a little afraid the other shoe is gonna drop with him. I love him being an Astro but when he' s off his game it hurts the entire team in a way that you don' t see with Peacock or Morton or McHugh.

Comment

• Went about as badly as we feared and expected. I like Chuck but he' s not the first guy you want getting the ball after JV and Dallas K. Lance going tonight I' ve got a good feeling about. Offense was not there against CC and against Gray we should have a real shot to knock him out early.

Comment

Went about as badly as we feared and expected. I like Chuck but he' s not the first guy you want getting the ball after JV and Dallas K. Lance going tonight I' ve got a good feeling about. Offense was not there against CC and against Gray we should have a real shot to knock him out early.
                        CC was on for most of the night, but the Astros had their chances as well and a well timed hit here or there and the complexion of this game changes. I feel good with McCullers going tonight as well, then we get back to DK and JV....

Comment

• ESPn has been running with this Yankees win. It actually sucks worse than the loss itself! Pandering jackwagons........

Comment

ESPn has been running with this Yankees win. It actually sucks worse than the loss itself! Pandering jackwagons........
                            2-1-2. Stros will be fine. Mac can go 4, and Peacock can be the middle. Stros are still making contact. They were robbed by some good play yesterday, and the Yankees got some bloopers to line up right. Morton actually didn't pitch bad, and the Stros left too many men on. Harris should have listened to Gattis on pitch selection. There's a reason catcher's call the game.

Comment

• Was talking about this in another thread. No need to panic yet.....Wasn't expecting a sweep.....even though Stros are up 2-1....the bats have yet to come alive....hoping they do.

Comment

• Yankees are sending this back to Houston even up.
                                The difference?
                                Left handed hitting.....
                                Tonight is Di Di's night.
                                Right Field wall is calling......Altuve can't beat the Yanks by himself.

Comment

Working...
                                X