No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs McGregor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get that there is some build up for Connor because of his MMA prowess and every one has a punchers chance to win with a lucky blow, but Floyd is and has been the best "boxer" for years. He has been honing his craft for 20+ years and has fought a lot of tough guys over the years. Yes his KO ratio is not big but they call it boxing for a reason and IM amateur opinion Floyd will just pepper him round after round with quick punches and stay away from McGregor and outbox him. In a slugfest maybe McGregor has a punchers chance, but Mayweather wont go toe to toe with him and will dice away at him. Most MMA fights on average go what 2-3 rounds tops? How will Connors stamina be if it gets in to 6,7,8 rounds deep? I get that he is in shape but after taking jabs to the face for 15-20 minutes of round time, that will wear on a person. Then again I could be wrong, who knows?????

Comment

Originally posted by SBBear View Post
      I get that there is some build up for Connor because of his MMA prowess and every one has a punchers chance to win with a lucky blow, but Floyd is and has been the best "boxer" for years. He has been honing his craft for 20+ years and has fought a lot of tough guys over the years. Yes his KO ratio is not big but they call it boxing for a reason and IM amateur opinion Floyd will just pepper him round after round with quick punches and stay away from McGregor and outbox him. In a slugfest maybe McGregor has a punchers chance, but Mayweather wont go toe to toe with him and will dice away at him. Most MMA fights on average go what 2-3 rounds tops? How will Connors stamina be if it gets in to 6,7,8 rounds deep? I get that he is in shape but after taking jabs to the face for 15-20 minutes of round time, that will wear on a person. Then again I could be wrong, who knows?????
      We all have our guesses on this fight but I do not think stamina will be the issue at all imo. McGregor trains and has the stamina to punch, kick, grapple, and wrestle for 25 minutes as a championship UFC fight is 5 minutes for 5 rounds. So if this does go the full 12 boxing rounds at 3 minutes each for 36 minutes of punching only the cardio should not be an issue. Also taking pillows to face and body is not that tiring.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamante View Post

We all have our guesses on this fight but I do not think stamina will be the issue at all imo. McGregor trains and has the stamina to punch, kick, grapple, and wrestle for 25 minutes as a championship UFC fight is 5 minutes for 5 rounds. So if this does go the full 12 boxing rounds at 3 minutes each for 36 minutes of punching only the cardio should not be an issue. Also taking pillows to face and body is not that tiring.
        Swining at air will tire you out faster than grappling.

Comment

Originally posted by Dada View Post

Swining at air will tire you out faster than grappling.
          Mcgregor throws precision laser guided strikes. He is pretty conservative on the punches so I do not think that many will be complete misses. Plus his volume will likely be low maybe 20ish per round so shouldn't be an issue.

Comment

Mcgregor throws precision laser guided strikes. He is pretty conservative on the punches so I do not think that many will be complete misses. Plus his volume will likely be low maybe 20ish per round so shouldn't be an issue.
            Just ask Paulie... LOL

Comment

Are you trolling me? LOL....I can pull up video of Conor throwing looping punches with his chin in the air lol

And for arguments sake, you don't have to be a KO artist to be a great boxer. Everyone's favorite boxer, the original anti-Floyd, Manny Pacquiao hasn't had a KO since 2009 and I doubt many would say Conor would walk through him and KO him in 4

Comment

It's not real.........they are trying to sell a fight.

In other news, 3 weeks before the big Fight, Conor lost his sparring partner and depending on who you talk to, the story is different. Everyone knows sparring sessions are closed and no press or camera's are allowed. McGregor's team flew Paulie Malanaggi in to spar....and they took him straight off the plane to the Gym full of press and UFC Brass......word on the street is that Paulie gave him the business......but, McGregor's team posted a pic on Instagram......which Many are saying he pushed Paulie down after a clinch......but they posted a pic saying he dropped Paulie. Of Course MMA fans will say Paulie quit because he was getting beat up.....but that's not his MO

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/8/3...e-beat-his-***
                Of course they're trying to sell the fight. You ain't telling me anything new here. But Conor's words and roasting was much more on point and witty than Floyd's. Floyd was terrible at that.

Comment

Originally posted by DPaul View Post

Of course they're trying to sell the fight. You ain't telling me anything new here. But Conor's words and roasting was much more on point and witty than Floyd's. Floyd was terrible at that.
                  Floyd can barely talk...lol that's expected....heck Ricky Hatton did the same thing to him in England before their fight in 2007. It's just too WWE-ish for me...almost scripted. Real hate was the press tour between Jones and Cormier. This is Macho Man and Hulk Hogan

Comment

Are you trolling me? LOL....I can pull up video of Conor throwing looping punches with his chin in the air lol

And for arguments sake, you don't have to be a KO artist to be a great boxer. Everyone's favorite boxer, the original anti-Floyd, Manny Pacquiao hasn't had a KO since 2009 and I doubt many would say Conor would walk through him and KO him in 4
                    You are right I found the video you were talking about.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Zq46m6hBB4

Comment

Floyd can barely talk...lol that's expected....heck Ricky Hatton did the same thing to him in England before their fight in 2007. It's just too WWE-ish for me...almost scripted. Real hate was the press tour between Jones and Cormier. This is Macho Man and Hulk Hogan
                      I don't know if that's real hate. Jones was praising Cormier after the fight. It didn't sound like they hated each other afterwards. They were selling too.

Comment

"Precision beats power, and timing beats speed" - McGregor

we're gonna find out..
                        "Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself." - Mark Twain

Comment

bump
                          "Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself." - Mark Twain

Comment

I never paid to watch it. I just couldn't participate into that money grab.

Comment

I just watched this fight on the Showtime replay. I am so glad I didn't pay for this. This fight was a joke.

Comment

Everyone said "All McGregor needs is one shot"....Floyd stood in front of him, let him wear 8 oz gloves....and Connor landed 111 shots.........

Comment

Working...
                                X