No announcement yet.

Formula 1 Season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• don't wanna gloat so I'm just gonna shut up.. even though I just posted..
    "Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Things could not have gone Mercedes way much more than they did today. Great drive for Bottas making his way up from 9th to 2nd, even if he was helped out a bit by the strange tire misfortunes of Ferrari. While Riccardo didn't manage to make the podium, he also put in a great drive today. Hamilton was flat out unreal over the past two days. At the half way point, we have a real match for the driver's championship.

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Comment

• It's Christmas in July I tells ya..

Hamilton led from the front, Bottas found his way through to make it a 1 2.. Verstappen jumped Vettel at the start..

I hate to wish ill on other teams, but dadgummit it was about time something went wrong for Ferrari, and them having their tire issues at the end was exactly what Mercedes needed..

Mid season and here we are at pretty much 0-0.

EDIT: The only thing we were denied of was a Vettel profanity laced tirade..
        Last edited by sTp; 07-17-2017, 12:23 AM.
        "Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Silverstone recorded a four-day total attendance of over 300,000 for this year's event, consolidating its status as the best-attended event on the F1 calendar.

F1 chief Chase Carey was critical of the timing of the announcement, he has made it clear he wants the race to remain at its home of the last 30 years.

And the British Racing Drivers' Club, the owners of the circuit, are optimistic a new deal will eventually be thrashed out.

"We will sit down with Liberty," BRDC president Derek Warwick told Sky Sports F1. "Maybe at the end of the year when everything's calmed down, we've got more time, they've got more time.

"How can there not be a British GP at Silverstone? I'm sure somehow we will find some way of signing a new contract."

Sean Bratches, F1's commercial chief, also told Sky F1: "We have a plan to start speaking after the end of the current season."

This is according to Sky News.

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Comment

Working...
          X