Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beatles - Most overrated Band ; Hanks and Denzel - Most overrated actors etc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by drgnbkr View Post
    You're trolling. Hanks and Washington are very versatile actors who appeal to huge numbers of movie goers. IMO The Beatles, while not my favorites were the most influential band in history. I would call Gaga or Katie Perry over rated. They had to be 2 of the most talent challenged acts I've ever seen and to perform at the Super Bowl as if they were at the top of the landscape is incredible.
    This!

    Comment


    • #17
      Gaga and Perry are terribly overrated and so were the Beatles. Pop rock boy band fluff.
      Ég veit ekkert!

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Supreme Commander View Post
        Gaga and Perry are terribly overrated and so were the Beatles. Pop rock boy band fluff.
        You must be 18 yrs old.

        Rock n Roll up to The Beatles was struggling to be accepted in the Pop genre. There was no other musical genre to turn to. But thanks to The Beatles you have all your 'heavy' rockdom now. Plus they would have never sold if they were presented to the public as they saw themselves. Their manager changed their presentation from punks to suits.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by ktCarl View Post

          You must be 18 yrs old.

          Rock n Roll up to The Beatles was struggling to be accepted in the Pop genre. There was no other musical genre to turn to. But thanks to The Beatles you have all your 'heavy' rockdom now. Plus they would have never sold if they were presented to the public as they saw themselves. Their manager changed their presentation from punks to suits.
          LOL! The beatles put out a bunch of pop fluff. The stones and the who are by far the most influential in the rock genre. The beatles created the boy band.
          Last edited by Supreme Commander; 10-11-2017, 08:05 PM.
          Ég veit ekkert!

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by ktCarl View Post

            You must be 18 yrs old.

            Rock n Roll up to The Beatles was struggling to be accepted in the Pop genre. There was no other musical genre to turn to. But thanks to The Beatles you have all your 'heavy' rockdom now. Plus they would have never sold if they were presented to the public as they saw themselves. Their manager changed their presentation from punks to suits.
            No questioning their influence. Right place at the right time and let's face it.. the right look. But really, the music was crap. A lot of it anyway,

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Supreme Commander View Post

              LOL! The beatles put out a bunch of pop fluff. The stones and the who are by far the most influential in the rock genre. The beatles created the boy band.
              I also like the Stones and Who. Both bands have The Beatles to thank for getting any air play in USA. And of course they are a boy band. Good observance. Matter of fact, the Who and Stones are boy bands.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by ktCarl View Post

                I also like the Stones and Who. Both bands have The Beatles to thank for getting any air play in USA. And of course they are a boy band. Good observance. Matter of fact, the Who and Stones are boy bands.
                I'm guessing your definition of boy band is a little different.

                The stones and the who would have been just fine without the beatles. In fact, they might have accomplished more without having to share the limelight with the beatles. The beatles just happened to come first.
                Last edited by Supreme Commander; 10-12-2017, 12:24 PM.
                Ég veit ekkert!

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Supreme Commander View Post

                  I'm guessing your definition of boy band is a little different.

                  The stones and the who would have been just fine without the beatles. In fact, they might have accomplished more without having to share the limelight with the beatles. The beatles just happened to come first.
                  The Who and Stones have The Beatles to thank for making it big time in America. The Beatles opened the door for all British bands in USA. It was called 'the British invasion'. Don't you remember?

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Also, The Beatles, by establishing their own label, were able to open the door for musicians to play their own music, not just what was dictated to them by the studios. Their Magical Mysttery Tour, Sgt. Peppers, and White Album were excursions into new territories for albums. I feel they were good songwriters, but i understand not everybody would feel that way.
                    09/01 7:00p @ Broken Arrow (Broken Arrow, OK) W 21-14
                    09/08 7:30p @ Martin (Arlington, TX) L 50-33
                    09/15 7:30p Rockwall (Rockwall, TX) W 52-38
                    09/29 7:30p Flower Mound (Flower Mound, TX) W 45-31
                    10/06 7:30p @ Trinity (Euless, TX) L 21-20
                    10/13 7:30p Lewisville (Lewisville, TX)
                    10/20 7:30p Marcus (Flower Mound, TX)

                    10/26 7:00p @ Byron Nelson (Trophy Club, TX)
                    11/03 7:30p Bell (Hurst, TX)
                    11/10 7:30p @ Hebron (Carrollton, TX)

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      The beatles were magic. I have it all wrong.
                      Ég veit ekkert!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Supreme Commander View Post
                        The beatles were magic. I have it all wrong.
                        I preferred groups like Quicksilver Messenger Service, Ten Years After, Cream....
                        09/01 7:00p @ Broken Arrow (Broken Arrow, OK) W 21-14
                        09/08 7:30p @ Martin (Arlington, TX) L 50-33
                        09/15 7:30p Rockwall (Rockwall, TX) W 52-38
                        09/29 7:30p Flower Mound (Flower Mound, TX) W 45-31
                        10/06 7:30p @ Trinity (Euless, TX) L 21-20
                        10/13 7:30p Lewisville (Lewisville, TX)
                        10/20 7:30p Marcus (Flower Mound, TX)

                        10/26 7:00p @ Byron Nelson (Trophy Club, TX)
                        11/03 7:30p Bell (Hurst, TX)
                        11/10 7:30p @ Hebron (Carrollton, TX)

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Supreme Commander View Post
                          The beatles were magic. I have it all wrong.
                          I wonder if you also think the sexual orgasm is highly overrated?

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by ktCarl View Post

                            I wonder if you also think the sexual orgasm is highly overrated?
                            Only if listening to crappy pop music is involved.
                            Ég veit ekkert!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Supreme Commander View Post

                              Only if listening to crappy pop music is involved.
                              Supreme Troll.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X