Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jerry Jones made me a Cowboys fan for life.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by metroplexfbfan View Post
    slcdragonfan I see what you are saying now. I do not believe what I was writing. I was writing in multiple perspone tctives to express the multiple ideologies.

Dada No I do not believe playing fields in America are level. I was explaining the multiple sides to the issue.
    fair enough...I see your point

But right now, the entire kneeling thing and flag thing is gone overboard. It should NOT be the 1st and last thing I see on Television when I wake up or go to bed. And it's lost it's meaning...it's corny and childish now..Owners having meetings to discuss this....come on. Think about it...the BIGGEST problem in America is NFL players not standing for the anthem........the president TWEETS about this....its on every news outlet. Your VP flies to a game just to walk out after the anthem and let everyone know WHY he left.....this is borderline embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by slcdragonfan View Post

That is why social media and the internet make dialogue so hard. I bet if we say across from each other we could find common ground. I appreciate your response...too many times we don't listen to each other, we simply talk at each other. I am as guilty of that as anybody.
      Truth....I sat down with a guy..we both had different views, upbringing...etc....we talked,next thing you know we're having a good time....and we BOTH learned something. we thanked each other. He thanked me for explaining to him what HBCU's were...said he felt embarrased that all his life he thought they were "Black only"....I explained to him, there isnt anything now, or ever that has been "Black only"....he brought up the NAACP...told him it was founded by white women.....we both understand each other better now. Everything right now is based of fear,misinformation or education,or stereotypes. Most hate to admit that the info and idealologies passed down to them by their parents and grandparents was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Dada View Post

fair enough...I see your point

But right now, the entire kneeling thing and flag thing is gone overboard. It should NOT be the 1st and last thing I see on Television when I wake up or go to bed. And it's lost it's meaning...it's corny and childish now..Owners having meetings to discuss this....come on. Think about it...the BIGGEST problem in America is NFL players not standing for the anthem........the president TWEETS about this....its on every news outlet. Your VP flies to a game just to walk out after the anthem and let everyone know WHY he left.....this is borderline embarrassing.
        100% agree

Comment

Originally posted by drgnbkr View Post

The storm for the NFL is already here and it is real. They are scrambling their collective asses off trying to contain the damage they've allowed to occur. The NFL is a business and are being harmed by a non related protest.
          It's not quite here yet. It's going to become much, much worse. Just wait. This may finally prove just how retarded the american public really is.
          Ég veit ekkert!

Comment

Very Slippery Slope

Comment

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...nthem-comments
              09/01 7:00p @ Broken Arrow (Broken Arrow, OK) W 21-14
              09/08 7:30p @ Martin (Arlington, TX) L 50-33
              09/15 7:30p Rockwall (Rockwall, TX) W 52-38
              09/29 7:30p Flower Mound (Flower Mound, TX) W 45-31
              10/06 7:30p @ Trinity (Euless, TX) L 21-20
              10/13 7:30p Lewisville (Lewisville, TX)
              10/20 7:30p Marcus (Flower Mound, TX)

10/26 7:00p @ Byron Nelson (Trophy Club, TX)
              11/03 7:30p Bell (Hurst, TX)
              11/10 7:30p @ Hebron (Carrollton, TX)

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle2 View Post
                Very Slippery Slope
                Like trying to tackle Barry Sanders.
                Any clod can have the facts, but having opinions is an art.

Comment

Yeah right. Political correctness. Save the franchise & face of league. IMO

Comment

Yeah right. Political correctness. Save the franchise & face of league. IMO
                    Exactly. I do not believe Jones is sensitive those issues because he cannot truly understand those issues. However, I do not believe, as an owner, he should have to be sensitive to anything he doesn't choose to be. He gets to make the rules for his operation, right or wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by metroplexfbfan View Post

Exactly. I do not believe Jones is sensitive those issues because he cannot truly understand those issues. However, I do not believe, as an owner, he should have to be sensitive to anything he doesn't choose to be. He gets to make the rules for his operation, right or wrong.
                      Correct. Employers/Companies do put in place policies and procedures for all to comply/accept & abide by. Employees choose whether to follow or not follow with stated consequences. However, those specific/particular policies and procedures set aside are different than one's personal right/beliefs as a human and according to the established constitution of the USA. IMHO

Comment

I've done many things in my life. Some, I'm proud of and some not so much. Through it all, I have only knelt for one purpose, and that is to pray to my God. Everything else is 'Caesar's.' The confusion between the two still astounds me.

I wonder if the reaction would be different if the team requested a prayer pre-game, on the field, an announcer led said prayer, and asked the audience/teams to join in and stand with their heads bowed, and caps off. Would the reaction be different than NASCAR fan reaction?

Both organizations are private. The fans are a mix in both.

Personally, I'm done with the NFL until they get a handle on this issue. If I believed the players were actually praying for change to their God while kneeling, I would have a different take. But then, you'd have complaints about the prayers. Especially if the announcer were to ask all to pray along with the players.

Comment

Correct. Employers/Companies do put in place policies and procedures for all to comply/accept & abide by. Employees choose whether to follow or not follow with stated consequences. However, those specific/particular policies and procedures set aside are different than one's personal right/beliefs as a human and according to the established constitution of the USA. IMHO
                          You are exactly correct. I lose several constitutional rights every day from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. I knew that when I applied for my job.

Comment

Jerry Jones made me hate the Cowboys even more than I already do.

These anti don't kneel for the flag people need to read the constitution that they pretend to love so much.

Screw the Cowboys and Jerry Jones.

Comment

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...states-america

a good read. Imagine if leadership were exhibited to address this issue? Ex-Green Beret Nate Boyer writes open letter to Trump, Kaepernick, NFL and America

09/01 7:00p @ Broken Arrow (Broken Arrow, OK) W 21-14
                              09/08 7:30p @ Martin (Arlington, TX) L 50-33
                              09/15 7:30p Rockwall (Rockwall, TX) W 52-38
                              09/29 7:30p Flower Mound (Flower Mound, TX) W 45-31
                              10/06 7:30p @ Trinity (Euless, TX) L 21-20
                              10/13 7:30p Lewisville (Lewisville, TX)
                              10/20 7:30p Marcus (Flower Mound, TX)

10/26 7:00p @ Byron Nelson (Trophy Club, TX)
                              11/03 7:30p Bell (Hurst, TX)
                              11/10 7:30p @ Hebron (Carrollton, TX)

Comment

Originally posted by slcdragonfan View Post
                                http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...states-america

a good read. Imagine if leadership were exhibited to address this issue? Ex-Green Beret Nate Boyer writes open letter to Trump, Kaepernick, NFL and America

Tebow knelt on the field to give thanks. He was lambasted. Neither he, nor Kaepernick currently play. Both—supposedly—followed their convictions.
                                Can anyone tell me the difference in the kneeling? Why is kneeling to give thanks different than kneeling to protest?

Based on what many think, both would seem to be acceptable—even though it has little to do with the 1st Amendment—if the ‘free speech argument’ is played out.

Perceptions are individual. As this is ‘Caesar’s realm’,’Caesar’ will decide.

Comment

Working...
                                X