Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*** Official Longview Lobo Thread - Home of LOBO Nation ***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by cujoDAgreat View Post

    Jt is more experienced
    No, they aren't. Even folks who work for Dave Campbell knows and says Longview is more experienced.

    http://texashsfootball.com/who-do-ou...istrict-11-6a/

    Besides that, tired of you and your constant misinformation. As usual...time to murder you with more facts. I'll list both Longview's and JT's returning starters. I would ask you to list JT's starters but I know you don't know much of anything about John Tyler football seeing as you're a Tyler Lee Red Raider. I'll even number em on the side just so you can keep up.

    Longview:

    1. RB Jessie Anderson
    2. WR Kamden Perry
    3. WR Eric Timberlake
    4. TE/WR Jaylin Brown
    5. TE Quay Randall
    6. LG Gavin Roberts
    7. LE/TE Keandre Mauldin
    8. DL Montavian Reed
    9. DL Dmarjai Dearion
    10. RE J.C. Blakemore
    11. LB J Writt
    12. LB/S Cameron Starling
    13. S Jephaniah Lister
    14. S Kyle Johnson
    15. CB Roshodrick Harmon
    16. K Chris Kessler

    And that's just part of the story. Doesn't even begin to count the players who saw significant playing time. Heck Longview's defensive line alone all together is returning 9-10 who were in rotation! Not to mention the 13 sophomores who were on varsity a year ago....man you have no clue but let's move on to John Tyler.

    John Tyler:

    1. RB Cameron Grant
    2. WR Michael Givens-Washington
    3. WR Keandre Street
    4. WR Devlon Woods
    5. OL Trejon Blake
    6. OL Chance Billington
    7. OL JaBralen Yarber
    8. OL Samuel Meneses
    9. DE/LB Tobias Marshall
    10. DE Dekalen Goodson
    11. DL Gregorio Guerrero
    12. LB Martrevious Allison
    13. LB Dewayne Jones
    14. LB/S Kiante Stoker
    15. FS Tyus Grayson

    That's 15 full timers. 16 is greater than 15. And while full timers are close, when you start talking significant PT players.....Longview has it by a margin. Longview has plenty more depth returning.



    wolfpack4life

    Comment


    • Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
      No, they aren't. Even folks who work for Dave Campbell knows and says Longview is more experienced.

      http://texashsfootball.com/who-do-ou...istrict-11-6a/

      Besides that, tired of you and your constant misinformation. As usual...time to murder you with more facts. I'll list both Longview's and JT's returning starters. I would ask you to list JT's starters but I know you don't know much of anything about John Tyler football seeing as you're a Tyler Lee Red Raider. I'll even number em on the side just so you can keep up.

      Longview:

      1. RB Jessie Anderson
      2. WR Kamden Perry
      3. WR Eric Timberlake
      4. TE/WR Jaylin Brown
      5. TE Quay Randall
      6. LG Gavin Roberts
      7. LE/TE Keandre Mauldin
      8. DL Montavian Reed
      9. DL Dmarjai Dearion
      10. RE J.C. Blakemore
      11. LB J Writt
      12. LB/S Cameron Starling
      13. S Jephaniah Lister
      14. S Kyle Johnson
      15. CB Roshodrick Harmon
      16. K Chris Kessler

      And that's just part of the story. Doesn't even begin to count the players who saw significant playing time. Heck Longview's defensive line alone all together is returning 9-10 who were in rotation! Not to mention the 13 sophomores who were on varsity a year ago....man you have no clue but let's move on to John Tyler.

      John Tyler:

      1. RB Cameron Grant
      2. WR Michael Givens-Washington
      3. WR Keandre Street
      4. WR Devlon Woods
      5. OL Trejon Blake
      6. OL Chance Billington
      7. OL JaBralen Yarber
      8. OL Samuel Meneses
      9. DE/LB Tobias Marshall
      10. DE Dekalen Goodson
      11. DL Gregorio Guerrero
      12. LB Martrevious Allison
      13. LB Dewayne Jones
      14. LB/S Kiante Stoker
      15. FS Tyus Grayson

      That's 15 full timers. 16 is greater than 15. And while full timers are close, when you start talking significant PT players.....Longview has it by a margin. Longview has plenty more depth returning.


      you know your stuff...lol

      I would add that a few other guys had significant PT, like Thompson at CB, Kaylon Douglas at DT, Williams at WR/QB, and Victor Campbell at WR/RB..also one of the 2 kickers JT used Sanchez is returning. He did most of the punts last yr, but he also did some Kickoffs and PATs. But thats is probably the extent of the amount of guys who played last yr. I think there was like 8 or 9 soph of varsity last yr. But again, I would give the edge to the lobos, especially on the Def side. JT probably has an slight edge on Off with the return of most of the skill players and 4 of 5 O-line returning and Longview having to replace their O-line, but JT also lost the biggest playmaker between the 2 schools in Smith. I would still give the slight edge to Longview on returning players overall.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by ETexGuy View Post

        you know your stuff...lol

        I would add that a few other guys had significant PT, like Thompson at CB, Kaylon Douglas at DT, Williams at WR/QB, and Victor Campbell at WR/RB..also one of the 2 kickers JT used Sanchez is returning. He did most of the punts last yr, but he also did some Kickoffs and PATs. But thats is probably the extent of the amount of guys who played last yr. I think there was like 8 or 9 soph of varsity last yr. But again, I would give the edge to the lobos, especially on the Def side. JT probably has an slight edge on Off with the return of most of the skill players and 4 of 5 O-line returning and Longview having to replace their O-line, but JT also lost the biggest playmaker between the 2 schools in Smith. I would still give the slight edge to Longview on returning players overall.
        No to mention the holes we're filling are being filled by promising young players from both subvarsity and varsity.

        Heck we have a guy with 5 D1 offers and isn't a returning starter. Incoming Jr OL Marcus Williams. He's just one of several examples.


        wolfpack4life

        Comment


        • I liked new Lindale HC Cochran discussing calls with officials at 7 on 7 game with Longview and communicating with 7 on 7 coach via cellphone during play and then coaching Lindale players during halftime. All violations of UIL rules. But, nothing will ever come of it.
          Twitter: @Booster73Lobo www.LobosFootball.com

          Comment


          • Originally posted by LoboBooster73 View Post
            I liked new Lindale HC Cochran discussing calls with officials at 7 on 7 game with Longview and communicating with 7 on 7 coach via cellphone during play and then coaching Lindale players during halftime. All violations of UIL rules. But, nothing will ever come of it.
            That was as blatant of offense of that that I've ever seen.
            THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

            1937 1A STATE CHAMPIONS
            1997
            5A Division 1, 2008 4A Division I, 2009 4A Division I State Finalst
            37 District Championships
            '47, '75, '10 State Semi-Finalist
            '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
            '04, '11, '12, '13 Regional Finalist
            '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14 Area Finalist
            '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

            Comment


            • Originally posted by LoboBooster73 View Post
              I liked new Lindale HC Cochran discussing calls with officials at 7 on 7 game with Longview and communicating with 7 on 7 coach via cellphone during play and then coaching Lindale players during halftime. All violations of UIL rules. But, nothing will ever come of it.
              MP coach was doing the same.
              LSU
              LUFKIN PANTHERS



              2001 5A DIVISION II State Champs



              R.I.P Coach Outlaw

              Comment


              • So here's the list of the other teams who have qualified....
                The Colony, Frisco Wakeland, Dallas Wilson, Hebron, Arlington Lamar, Fort Bend Bush, Richmond Foster, Manvel, Pearland, College Station, Hutto, Round Rock Westwood, Abilene Cooper, Lubbock Coronado, Klein, Montgomery, Birdville, Corsicana, Haslet Eaton, Mansfield Timberview, Abilene, San Angelo Central, Cy Fair, Cy Ranch, Dickinson, The Woodlands, Fort Worth All Saints, Plano Prestonwood, Mesquite Poteet, DeSoto, El Paso Coronado, El Paso Eastlake, Lufkin, Whitehouse, Edinburgh North, Mercedes, McAllen Rowe, Round Rock Cedar Ridge, San Antonio O'Connor, Katy Cinco Ranch, Katy, St. Pius X, Beaumont West Brook, Cedar Park, Del Valle, A&M Consolidated, Clear Brook, Arlington, Coppell, Plano, Waxahachie, Jacksonville, Georgetown, Laredo United, Weslaco, Cy Creek, Houston Lamar.

                With the Lake Travis SQT and the Rowlett SQT to go.
                Here's the LT pools: http://www.texasfootball.com/lake-travis-sqt-pools-2/ So two teams will advance to State from there.
                Rowlett SQT has 32 teams so there will be 4 teams advancing to State from there.

                Longview will face three of the teams above in Group play.
                THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

                1937 1A STATE CHAMPIONS
                1997
                5A Division 1, 2008 4A Division I, 2009 4A Division I State Finalst
                37 District Championships
                '47, '75, '10 State Semi-Finalist
                '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
                '04, '11, '12, '13 Regional Finalist
                '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14 Area Finalist
                '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

                Comment


                • Originally posted by LoboFan07 View Post

                  Longview will face three of the teams above in Group play.
                  One will prob be Lufkin, cause why not.

                  Comment


                  • What's surprising is the high profile teams not listed in already qualified, i.e. SLC, Allen, Cedar Hill, Waco Midway, Cíbolo Steele, etc. Another affirmation that 7 on 7 prowess doesn't equate to 11 on 11 success.
                    Last edited by LoboBooster73; 06-20-2017, 12:48 PM.
                    Twitter: @Booster73Lobo www.LobosFootball.com

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by LoboBooster73 View Post
                      What's surprising is the high profile teams not listed in already qualified, i.e. SLC, Allen, Cedar Hill, Waco Midway, Cíbolo Steele, etc. Another affirmation that 7 on 7 prowess doesn't equate to 11 on 11 success.
                      Not to mention Lake Travis and they're the meca of spread football. 7 on 7 definitely doesn't equate to 11 on 11 success. Just good extra reps for QBs, WRs and DBs.

                      Will say that normally whenever you're just downright horrible(and I mean awful) in 7 on 7, you're probably not going to be good in the fall. See Tyler Lee.
                      wolfpack4life

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
                        Not to mention Lake Travis and they're the meca of spread football. 7 on 7 definitely doesn't equate to 11 on 11 success. Just good extra reps for QBs, WRs and DBs.

                        Will say that normally whenever you're just downright horrible(and I mean awful) in 7 on 7, you're probably not going to be good in the fall. See Tyler Lee.
                        Do agree with you last statement unless you're a predominant running team (ET) and don't participate or aren't good at 7 on 7 for that reason.

                        I left out LT because I knew they were still participating in a SQT so may end up in a pool anyway.
                        Last edited by LoboBooster73; 06-20-2017, 01:57 PM.
                        Twitter: @Booster73Lobo www.LobosFootball.com

                        Comment


                        • I really don't think it is anything more than a glorified practice. I think any chance our boys get the chance to practice against other teams it's a good thing. Especially when we all know we need as much as possible when it comes to catching and defending the pass.

                          I thoroughly just enjoy going to watch and spend time with my Lobo family.

                          I have no expectations for how College Station will go. As long as we get some good competition in and don't get embarrassed like we did a couple years back in Lufkin, I'll be happy.
                          THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

                          1937 1A STATE CHAMPIONS
                          1997
                          5A Division 1, 2008 4A Division I, 2009 4A Division I State Finalst
                          37 District Championships
                          '47, '75, '10 State Semi-Finalist
                          '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
                          '04, '11, '12, '13 Regional Finalist
                          '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14 Area Finalist
                          '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

                          Comment


                          • I recommend the Ozona Grill & Bar. Not quite the same ambience as the one on Greenville in Dallas, but still pretty good if you overlook all the TAMU crap.
                            Twitter: @Booster73Lobo www.LobosFootball.com

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
                              No, they aren't. Even folks who work for Dave Campbell knows and says Longview is more experienced.

                              http://texashsfootball.com/who-do-ou...istrict-11-6a/

                              Besides that, tired of you and your constant misinformation. As usual...time to murder you with more facts. I'll list both Longview's and JT's returning starters. I would ask you to list JT's starters but I know you don't know much of anything about John Tyler football seeing as you're a Tyler Lee Red Raider. I'll even number em on the side just so you can keep up.

                              Longview:

                              1. RB Jessie Anderson
                              2. WR Kamden Perry
                              3. WR Eric Timberlake
                              4. TE/WR Jaylin Brown
                              5. TE Quay Randall
                              6. LG Gavin Roberts
                              7. LE/TE Keandre Mauldin
                              8. DL Montavian Reed
                              9. DL Dmarjai Dearion
                              10. RE J.C. Blakemore
                              11. LB J Writt
                              12. LB/S Cameron Starling
                              13. S Jephaniah Lister
                              14. S Kyle Johnson
                              15. CB Roshodrick Harmon
                              16. K Chris Kessler

                              And that's just part of the story. Doesn't even begin to count the players who saw significant playing time. Heck Longview's defensive line alone all together is returning 9-10 who were in rotation! Not to mention the 13 sophomores who were on varsity a year ago....man you have no clue but let's move on to John Tyler.

                              John Tyler:

                              1. RB Cameron Grant
                              2. WR Michael Givens-Washington
                              3. WR Keandre Street
                              4. WR Devlon Woods
                              5. OL Trejon Blake
                              6. OL Chance Billington
                              7. OL JaBralen Yarber
                              8. OL Samuel Meneses
                              9. DE/LB Tobias Marshall
                              10. DE Dekalen Goodson
                              11. DL Gregorio Guerrero
                              12. LB Martrevious Allison
                              13. LB Dewayne Jones
                              14. LB/S Kiante Stoker
                              15. FS Tyus Grayson

                              That's 15 full timers. 16 is greater than 15. And while full timers are close, when you start talking significant PT players.....Longview has it by a margin. Longview has plenty more depth returning.


                              First of all,You need to go check again cameron Grant wasnt tne original starter. That original starter got hurt and he was just a Jr. So that's a starter u failed to mention. Also I'm sure a few of those Longview guess probobly didn't but 2 or two games because of Injury to the starter. If that's the case It has definitely has more. Third how dare you try and u Dave Campbell magazine as a credit for anything lmao. Didn't pick y'all to go 6a semifinal last year?lmao and the team that beat y'all they had not even making playoffs or at least loose out early in a smaller classification and more starters than Longview did returning. Now with all that let me prove to you how worthless Dave Campbell magazine is when it comes to their opinion of predictions. They pick y'all to go to semi last year and this you saying they y'all agree yall have all these returning starters but let me tell you this,I having seen this year's edition yet but if they have do not going to semi again tnis year atleast then that proves my point of how bunch of yap whoever involved in making those predictions are. They had last year doing this and that then what excuse do they have to not put you at least in that same spot if not better with all these returning starters you claim or them? If y'all bowing out early then that more than proves my point. Don't you ever try and use that bs book as proof against me as if I'm suppose not know any better or remember the garbage it had in it a year ago.
                              Last edited by cujoDAgreat; 06-21-2017, 05:53 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Also don't forget jt' s very possible/likely transfer qb. He is a returning starter no matter if from another team with already two year varsity experience at the position under his belt going into year 3. That makes him more experieced than Bryson Smith was or would be even if Smith returned this year.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X