No announcement yet.

Permian Panther Straight Stuff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Permian vs Keller game would be at Birdville Fine Arts Complex on Friday as well.
    The Official Home of The Odessa Permian Panthers- www.odessapermian.com

Comment

• We don't flip well.

Comment

• Originally posted by mojotrain View Post
        We don't flip well.
        But we flip well enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by AusMOJO View Post

But we flip well enough.
          Lemonade out of lemons? Ok

Comment

• Potential Permian vs Martin gametime may not be settled just yet. Could be a 2pm kickoff.
            The Official Home of The Odessa Permian Panthers- www.odessapermian.com

Comment

• http://www.oaoa.com/sports/article_3...28ca8f246.html - Article about Jones transition to the D-line.

Comment

• Wow! Our largest running back, Dawson Reynolds is averaging 21 yds per carry. I have an idea,
                Last edited by mojotrain; 11-17-2017, 08:35 AM.

Comment

• This is a 7:00 pm kickoff?

Comment

• Originally posted by AusMOJO View Post
                    http://www.oaoa.com/sports/article_3...28ca8f246.html - Article about Jones transition to the D-line.
                    Matt has made great improvement this season specially against the run..Against Lee he played against a very good tackle (#71) never became frustrated and had to work hard for every play he made...showed great closing speed, very intense player..

Comment

• Originally posted by mojotrain View Post
                      This is a 7:00 pm kickoff?
                      That's right. Maxpreps has it listed at 6pm, but I'll trust OP's website and stick with the 7pm start time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panther63 View Post

Matt has made great improvement this season specially against the run..Against Lee he played against a very good tackle (#71) never became frustrated and had to work hard for every play he made...showed great closing speed, very intense player..
                        That #71 at LT for Lee is big and is definitely a good player. He made Matt work for everything. You're right that he never became frustrated and just stuck to playing his own game. I think the article mentioned he has 8 sacks this season? 12 tackles for a loss? He's been very productive again this year and think if he's at DE next year again, will be even more so.

He's going to see that a lot from the 2nd round onwards should be get past Coronado tonight. Hopefully he continues to not get frustrated and keep doing his thing.

Comment

• http://www.cbs7.com/livestream2 - Apparently you can watch the game online? Not sure if it's free, guess we'll wait and see. If I'm able to watch it, might do that instead of listening on the radio.

Comment

• So, I'll fist start off saying, congrats to the guys for getting that win. Played well in the second half. Now, man were we bad in that first half. What was going on? Secondary didn't show up, 2 drives in a row to start the game we went 3 and out. We need to start better against Martin, can't afford to waste opportunities.

While i was watching the game on CBS, i kept saying they need to just run it with Williams. #8 the DE kept keying on Steen. They did that and he absolutely killed it. I thought he got that 78 yard TD run and not down at the 1, but what can ya do. 24 carries 290 yards and 4 TDs. We'll be seeing that a lot more I'm sure.

Passing game needs to be better. Miller surprisingly dropped a TD reception and Steen was off on a lot of his throws. I felt like we didn't try to run it outside enough. Try and mix it up a bit and get teams second guessing themselves. While Williams did great, i think we can get guys like Hammond, Jones and Robinson more carries and get around the edges quick enough to keep opposing D's on their toes. Not sure if you can rotate players well in this O, i know Tascosa does, but we don't seem to. I think if we did throw Horrell in, man is that kid fast.

To help the passing game, we could use some more screens. Especially with Williams. Some shorter routes. I think Steen is sitting back there too long and we need to help him out with some better routes, imo.

Despite giving up a lot in the passing game, the D did recover and play well. Matt Jones is a monster... Man he's just hard to block for anyone. Think he had 3 sacks? Several tackles. Was just in on almost everything. I do think we need to do a better job of spying faster QB's. #1 is very quick and he got away a few times. I think Martin's Qb is a dual threat, too.

Ellison got his first pick of the year and took it for 6! Adams with a nice sack for a safety.

#37 looked so confused on some of those plays when he came in, lol. Not sure if it was nerves or what, but he had some good runs himself.

I always say that if this team can put it together they can beat anyone and i still believe that. Just need to start games better. Against Martin we need one of those Tascosa/Lee games on both sides.

Sorry for being so negative, just felt like those things needed to be pointed out. Probably missed some things. Boys played a good game tonight, need to be great against Martin next week.

Comment

• Permian was very flat tonight...Didn't execute on offense in the 1st half everything was a struggle..started to look better late in the 1st half overcoming 2 major penalties to score the 2nd td..2nd half was better, but way to many penalties hard to overcome 'um with the veer offense..defense was so-so.. made some big plays but gave up some big plays..#37 ran much smoother when #20 came in at qb...without a doubt tonight's performance want get it done next week..seen 'um play better so maybe.
                              Saw #6 out of uniform, hope nothing serious
                              Last edited by Panther63; 11-17-2017, 10:45 PM.

Comment

• Could run into a buzzsaw Friday. Don't like the 2:00PM kickoff. Wonder who agreed to that. Think that puts us starting at a deficit but who knows. Hope we can pull it together. Go Mojo

Comment

Working...
                                X