Permian Panther Straight Stuff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gator4ever View Post
    This week means a lot IMO for MoJo and is a momentum builder for sure.
    Your team has the tools and weapons and fight to progress a long way.

Get em!!!!
    Yes sir!

Comment

• http://www.oaoa.com/sports/article_b...c5cf3b8eb.html - Short article on the trio of SB's.

Comment

• Slight dig from LB Nunez about our O - https://twitter.com/cbs7sports/statu...56818503254016

Comment

• http://www.mrt.com/sports/highschool..._medium=social - Article about Lee's top receiver Sheldon Bass Jr. Had no idea his ties to the Permian program, even though he says he hates everything MOJO, lol. Well, I'm sure he won't begrudge me, if i say i wouldn't mind him getting a few hard knocks out there.... Lol.

Either way, you learn something new everyday.

Comment

• Originally posted by AusMOJO View Post
            Slight dig from LB Nunez about our O - https://twitter.com/cbs7sports/statu...56818503254016
            Hope every Lee defender has that attitude at game time..

Comment

• Originally posted by MojoMaverick View Post
              After losing to Trinity a few years ago in the playoffs, he decided that Permian couldn't compete on a statewide level with a conventional/spread offense because Permian typically doesn't have 5 300 pound athletic offensive linemen.
              I think he'd already made the decision to go with that offense the season they played Trinity. They were already running it then, although they tweaked it after that season. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

GoCentralSports.com

2015 3-6A Regular Season Pick Em' Challenge Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by AusMOJO View Post
                Slight dig from LB Nunez about our O - https://twitter.com/cbs7sports/statu...56818503254016
                There's definitely nothing special about the Lee defense...

GoCentralSports.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Shady12 View Post

I think he'd already made the decision to go with that offense the season they played Trinity. They were already running it then, although they tweaked it after that season. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
                  You're wrong.
                  The Official Home of The Odessa Permian Panthers- www.odessapermian.com

Comment

• Originally posted by odessapermian.com View Post

You're wrong.
                    When I went and looked at the film of our game that year (2014), it looked like Permian ran the same offense they do now just slightly different. The shallow shotgun pistol, slot backs going in motion for the triple option, etc. The year before in 2013 on film they were running the spread.

GoCentralSports.com

Comment

• It was spread concepts with the big difference being the QB lined up in pistol instead of shotgun. Back then the slots were actually lined up in slot, and yes they occasionally went in motion or ran jet motion. Now they're usually lined up as wingbacks in flexbone.

Comment

It was spread concepts with the big difference being the QB lined up in pistol instead of shotgun. Back then the slots were actually lined up in slot, and yes they occasionally went in motion or ran jet motion. Now they're usually lined up as wingbacks in flexbone.
                        So they were already moving that way. They had the QB closer to the line like now, not just the regular pistol, and the plays I saw had guys lined up as wingbacks and circling back behind the fullback for the triple option. Flexbone formation. Some had one lined up like a wingback with the other lined up further out in the slot. Then spreading the receivers out more once they were behind and had to pass.

GoCentralSports.com

Comment

• It's the Oopty Oop.

I just went down the rabbit hole and watched about 35 plays on HUDL from our game with Central. I didn't see a wingback in any of the plays.

EDIT. My bad. I went through the first 100 plays of that game, and we did line up with a wingback, twice.

No, we were definitely doing more of a spread thing back then.
                          Last edited by odessapermian.com; 11-10-2017, 01:29 PM.

Comment

It's the Oopty Oop.

I just went down the rabbit hole and watched about 35 plays on HUDL from our game with Central. I didn't see a wingback in any of the plays.

EDIT. My bad. I went through the first 100 plays of that game, and we did line up with a wingback, twice.

No, we were definitely doing more of a spread thing back then.
                            I scanned through and saw a handful of plays and guess I got lucky seeing the wingbacks a couple times.

GoCentralSports.com

Comment

• Nice win for sure and ready for the playoffs!!!! Hope you guys figured some things out. From all the data I've read there is a lot of information to look at.

Finishing strong helps and I'm with you guys all the way!!!!! 😎😎😎

Comment

• Great win by the guys tonight. Started off a bit shaky, couldn't locate their QB. He really hurt us on that first drive. We scored the next 42 points, so no complaints from me... Well not that many anyway. I do think we need to start better than that on D. They righted the ship though and got the job done, great job!

O seemed to be rolling all night. Lots of running room for Williams and the outside guys. 4-5 passing and 3 went for TD's, great job there. Our rushing was great in this game, not many negative plays. I will say, I'd like to see a bit more from these outside guys in Hammond, Jones and Robinson come playoff time. They're so quick and can get around those edges super fast. Think that's what helped open that middle up. Sounded like Williams was hitting the holes with speed and bursting through a lot, great job by him. He finally hit the 1,000 yard mark and some extra if I'm not mistaken. Got himself another TD for a total of 13... Not a bad job if i do say so myself.

Steen continues to be a magician back there. Turning nothing plays into positive yards. Such a talented kid. O-line get's a good chunk of credit tonight, too. Sounded like some very good blocking up front.

I will say some very questionable calls by this ref team. Not to complain too much, but since when do we overturn things because the HC says so? The way it was said on the radio, is they went over to talk to the Lee HC and after that took the points away and declared it a touchback...? Um, what the hell, lol. Then the return man called a fair catch at the 1 yard line on another kickoff and fielded it back in the endzone? The announcers were saying that it should have been down at the 1 yard line, not a touchback? Not too sure about that.

I'm glad the safety didn't have a factor on the game. Quite lucky the game wasn't close and those 2 points didn't mean much in the end.

Either way, great job by our guys shutting down an explosive O like theirs, not an easy thing to do. Though they got us with that special teams play for a 102 yard return that got called back. Overall a great game and one that will give them a load of confidence heading into the playoffs.

Time to kick some T-Bird butt next week! Let's go MOJO!

Comment

Working...
                                X