Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Permian Panther Straight Stuff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Maybe they can get the running game between the tackles ginning. Williams was a non issue last Friday until I think he just got mad and frustrated. Then the yards he was getting were 100% him. No help from the O-Line. Kids a tough runner.

    Comment


    • You could tell the horrible officiating eventually got to feldt. Seemed like toward the end when time was of the essence, it really wasn't. Don't know that they cared too much about half way through the fourth until the final whistle. I think everything that could go wrong did in fact. Why is that becoming the normal while in Angelo as of late? It's hard for me to give the bobcats a ton of credit. They were decent but I don't know that Permian didn't just unfold it's worst night in a long time. Tough Times

      Comment


      • Originally posted by MOJOED View Post
        You could tell the horrible officiating eventually got to feldt. Seemed like toward the end when time was of the essence, it really wasn't. Don't know that they cared too much about half way through the fourth until the final whistle. I think everything that could go wrong did in fact. Why is that becoming the normal while in Angelo as of late? It's hard for me to give the bobcats a ton of credit. They were decent but I don't know that Permian didn't just unfold it's worst night in a long time. Tough Times
        I guess when you have been down for 20 years and once you have all the parts in place the "mind thing" may come into place. Maybe if we just win a game that we are not expected to win will be the answer. You can still see Frenswood 2016 and Oh well, settle in on our side at times. It may be time to let the kids practice in the dirt/grass under the sign again and remind them 2016/2017 isn't up there. Remind them that NOT being up there is THEIR sign. And remind the Permian staff that their signature is on this team as to work they have accomplished.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by MOJOED View Post
          You could tell the horrible officiating eventually got to feldt. Seemed like toward the end when time was of the essence, it really wasn't. Don't know that they cared too much about half way through the fourth until the final whistle. I think everything that could go wrong did in fact. Why is that becoming the normal while in Angelo as of late? It's hard for me to give the bobcats a ton of credit. They were decent but I don't know that Permian didn't just unfold it's worst night in a long time. Tough Times
          Funny how your first sentence on the last page was about people being full of excuses, and you go right into them yourself harder than anyone else has. How do you explain all the non-calls on Permian infractions? They were allowed to hold just as much as the Bobcats, and there was at least one PF right in front of an official that should have been called on Permian that wasn't. Or the video evidence that shows the two fourth quarter Bobcat turnovers that led to a Permian TD weren't really fumbles? Or the big pushoff by #18 on our corner that went uncalled in the end zone? You complained about a bounce on the Bobcats TD catch. There's nothing that shows catch wasn't a catch. If anything it looks like he got his hands under it and the video shows it didn't bounce. I give him a lot of credit for making a great catch. He suffered a season-ending leg injury on it but managed to go and hold for the XP. The officials made a lot of mistakes in that game, no doubt about it. On the flip side, Permian Basin chapter officials are often pretty rough on the Bobcats. So much so that the rules for choosing officials for district games was changed before last season, and Lee's coach actually apologized for the officiating after a game (22 penalties called on Bobcats and five touchdowns called back- But we won anyway). I think it's a worse chapter than Abilene. If Permian was to beat us under such circumstances, I hope you'd be ashamed to win in that fashion like you think we should. I suppose you don't have to give much credit to a team that for several straight years has made the crucial plays that have won those games against Permian.
          Last edited by Shady12; 11-02-2017, 10:27 AM.

          GoCentralSports.com

          2015 3-6A Regular Season Pick Em' Challenge Champion

          Comment


          • I think Angelo is good. Not as good as the past few previous years but good enough to beat Permian and others. I think officiating was terrible all the way around. Not just aginst Permian

            Comment


            • Originally posted by MOJOED View Post
              I think Angelo is good. Not as good as the past few previous years but good enough to beat Permian and others. I think officiating was terrible all the way around. Not just aginst Permian
              All of that I do agree with.

              GoCentralSports.com

              2015 3-6A Regular Season Pick Em' Challenge Champion

              Comment


              • The refs are paid to call only what they actually see. Looks like or probablys have no place in the determination of a play. Films prove,,but one angle or two are not enough to count on. Both sides (posters) have agreed on missed calls. In a Texas high school game as this was better should be expected. Better can only be reached by,,,you fill in the blank. My wish is that Angelo plows ahead as far as their team is capable of reaching. I have the same wish for Permian. If you think the referee hurdle is tough in the West wait until you see the Northern I-35 groups. They don't cost you district championships they cost state crowns.

                Comment


                • Are we still talking about this? If you ask me the officials Were the reason why Permian still had a chance late in the game. But no Permian fans fail to see that. OPEN your eyes people!

                  Comment


                  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOUY...ature=youtu.be
                    The Official Home of The Odessa Permian Panthers- www.odessapermian.com

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Shady12 View Post

                      Funny how your first sentence on the last page was about people being full of excuses, and you go right into them yourself harder than anyone else has. How do you explain all the non-calls on Permian infractions? They were allowed to hold just as much as the Bobcats, and there was at least one PF right in front of an official that should have been called on Permian that wasn't. Or the video evidence that shows the two fourth quarter Bobcat turnovers that led to a Permian TD weren't really fumbles? Or the big pushoff by #18 on our corner that went uncalled in the end zone? You complained about a bounce on the Bobcats TD catch. There's nothing that shows catch wasn't a catch. If anything it looks like he got his hands under it and the video shows it didn't bounce. I give him a lot of credit for making a great catch. He suffered a season-ending leg injury on it but managed to go and hold for the XP. The officials made a lot of mistakes in that game, no doubt about it. On the flip side, Permian Basin chapter officials are often pretty rough on the Bobcats. So much so that the rules for choosing officials for district games was changed before last season, and Lee's coach actually apologized for the officiating after a game (22 penalties called on Bobcats and five touchdowns called back- But we won anyway). I think it's a worse chapter than Abilene. If Permian was to beat us under such circumstances, I hope you'd be ashamed to win in that fashion like you think we should. I suppose you don't have to give much credit to a team that for several straight years has made the crucial plays that have won those games against Permian.
                      That lee game was terrible, but aside from still pulling out the win I was more proud of the fact that not one central fan complained about the refs.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by odessapermian.com View Post
                        That #51, supper disruptive. It’s only fitting they interviewed him.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Cprice17 View Post
                          That lee game was terrible, but aside from still pulling out the win I was more proud of the fact that not one central fan complained about the refs.
                          https://media.giphy.com/media/lszAB3TzFtRaU/giphy.gif
                          Bwahahaha

                          Comment


                          • Ha, yeah I definitely complained after that game. As usual though, impossible to blame a loss on it.

                            GoCentralSports.com

                            2015 3-6A Regular Season Pick Em' Challenge Champion

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Shady12 View Post
                              Ha, yeah I definitely complained after that game. As usual though, impossible to blame a loss on it.
                              Shady you need stop with #18 pushing off..inc. pass but no push off

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by mojotrain View Post
                                Now that we have all of that out of the way, OHS is 30 something hours away and they think they have a chance. I don't! We have offense issues but not as many as OHS has against our defense. They are not San Angelo or close to being San Angelo.
                                Looks like OHS and Permian do have something in common.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X