Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permian Panther Straight Stuff

Where you really need to be.

Getting a little antsy now. More so because the seniors to be showed such promise in 8th and 9th grades. Besides a starting cluster of those kids moving on or being injured things have been chicken or feathers lately. I believe the strength of this team is still the coach. If those of you can praise the efforts of T U's coach Strong you should believe this former Midland high player, is now where he really wanted to be all along, has as much chance to succeed.
    I didn't get to watch them a lot in the Spring. The one's still there I saw enough of last fall to know they fall into the real deal class of kids. The Q B position is deep and in my opinion the receiving corps Should be much better than average. I'm still of the opinion that if you show me a basketball player and I'll show you a ready made receiver or D back. The guy's according to odessapermian.com begin workouts at 8am on Monday. I'll comment on how it go's.

We have a freshman and that's all I'll say about that for now other than I sure hope he plays football.

Comment

mojo, I PM'd you.

DAWGPACK

Twitter: @AlanGalbreathTX

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom." Proverbs 9:10

Comment

At last, the first day of practice. The day that last years winners when talking about the new trophy in their trophy case are talking about history.
        The losers are saying deal dang it deal.
        Permian at first sight overall looks leaner. I mean we have some skinny kids. From where I sat I had a good view of the running backs, quarterbacks and receivers.. No doubt our receivers are taller and faster than last year. and there are more of them. IMO the QB position with any help at all from the O line will be as strong as any in this region. It won't be a chicken or feathers deal. I have a favorite to be the man under but both are good and they will make each other better. In running backs, you can't tell with the guys in tee's and shorts but we may not have a power back that will bust the line of scrimmage if a crease isn't there, but excellent quickness and speed are in hand. I see something different in the backfield set's that look different to me., maybe in place to take advantage of the speed.

From a distance the O-line just looks smaller than the last two years. Thats fine with me if it means quicker. A lot of the focus was directed towards technique. Hopefully that was a indication of just being a point of review .rather than, let me show you this for the very first time.

I can't comment on defense, My favorite part of the game. They were too far away for my eye's.

The smallest number of fan's that I've ever seen for a first day of practice were present. The kid's and their coach will need to work on that too.

Comment

The kids didn't grow over night but they sure can run fast and catch. O-line is still focused on fundamentals.

Comment

This bunch is in serious need of putting on the pads. The drills in short's and tee's are near perfect and boring. O- line still getting serious attention. Speed @ skill positions is dripping all over the place.

Comment

In uniforms for the first time this a m and they looked pretty good, much better than last year at this time. They are still pushing the O line hard. No lack of talent or speed in the d backfield, receivers or running backs. Tomorrows scrimmage may answer a few questions or create more. The freshman is lining up at receiver and really looks like he could be.good.

Comment

The media day scrimmage, offense vs the defense, looked very good on both sides. On D, to date, I see the most improvement at the corner's and safety's. Lot's of speed at receiver(overall more than I can remember) and some quick backs who can catch.

Comment

Best of luck on your up-coming season Permian Panthers,,,enjoy the ride.Peace

GO JAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Mesquite Horn Jaquars / Son- Class of `14 Daughter- Class of `17 JHHS Jf‚ÄčL
                  Men are to be guided only by their self-interests. Good government is a good balancing of these; and, except a keen eye and appetite for self-interest, requires no virtue in any quarter.
                  Elijah Parish Lovejoy

Comment

In game like condition portion of the scrimmage Permian wins 24-7. Bailey takes one 51 yds. and Nebow takes one 42 yds.

Comment

mojotrain - is this the official thread for Permian at this forum or are there others?

Comment

Originally posted by henscratch View Post
                        mojotrain - is this the official thread for Permian at this forum or are there others?
                        There's this one for specifically Permian and then the one covering our district plus the Panhandle boy's if they happen to show up..

Comment

Frenship was ranked #17 in the state. Yes it was only a scrimmage but no need to just look at us on the top end of a 24-7 score. Catch the op video on one of his sites. Watch techniques, watch speed. Feldt puts us back in the hunt quicker than Allman. Book it!

Comment

On the ch7 interview with coach Feldt he said he was happy with the win but said he didn't like the way the Panthers played on defense. He was also upset over the mistakes and penalties. He wasn't smiling. As long as he looks for perfection Permian will progress. Looking for the return of last years top receiver, hopefully this week.

Comment

Thinking about jetting up to Big Spring to see my mom and then to the college to see my sister this weekend. Last weekend I have free for a long while. I'm guessing not, but will tickets at the gate be tough to come by?

Comment

Working...
                              X