Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Angry Orange (7-0) vs. Mojo (6-0) - October 27, 2017 7:30pm - San Angelo Stadium

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by mike03car View Post

    There's an exception or two, yes, and Mansfield is very, very, good. However, Abilene came within a minute of upsetting DeSoto last November.
    I don't remember, was Abilene decimated by injuries? Not sure if you were talking about how they'd do with or without injuries but I meant how they'd do if they were beaten up heading into a second round game.

    GoCentralSports.com

    2015 3-6A Regular Season Pick Em' Challenge Champion

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by Shady12 View Post

      I don't remember, was Abilene decimated by injuries? Not sure if you were talking about how they'd do with or without injuries but I meant how they'd do if they were beaten up heading into a second round game.
      I was referring to overall against heavy odds, which became greater despite the 24-7 first quarter. Our center (now at ACU) played the entire game on at least a partial tear of the ACL from the previous week (left knee, I think) which somehow barely affected him. During the game, one of our guards separated his right shoulder (I was told it was sometime in the third quarter) yet played through the painful limitation. We were seeing highlights post-game and it was pointed out to us how he couldn't raise his arm higher than roughly an 80-degree angle. But the biggest health obstacle was our star RB (now at Baylor) spraining his ankle (I believe in the second quarter) and unable to run with more than 75% of his usual speed and power. Thus the running plays from that point forward featured our second RB (also now at ACU) and our QB (now at HSU).
      Last edited by mike03car; 10-24-2017, 11:40 PM.

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by mike03car View Post

        I was referring to overall against heavy odds, which became greater despite the 24-7 first quarter. Our center (now at ACU) played the entire game on at least a partial tear of the ACL from the previous week (left knee, I think) which somehow barely affected him. During the game, one of our guards separated his right shoulder (I was told it was sometime in the third quarter) yet played through the painful limitation. We were seeing highlights post-game and it was pointed out to us how he couldn't raise his arm higher than roughly an 80-degree angle. But the biggest health obstacle was our star RB (now at Baylor) spraining his ankle (I believe in the second quarter) and unable to run with more than 75% of his usual speed and power. Thus the running plays from that point forward featured our second RB (also now at ACU) and our QB (now at HSU).
        That's definitely not what you want to happen facing off against a team like DeSoto in hot form. Credit to the kids for toughing it out though.

        Comment


        • #94
          Three of five at DCTF pick Permian including Stepp picking Permian by 8. DCTF computer and Calpreps computer also pick Permian to win.

          http://www.texasfootball.com/week9preview/

          GoCentralSports.com

          2015 3-6A Regular Season Pick Em' Challenge Champion

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by Shady12 View Post
            Three of five at DCTF pick Permian including Stepp picking Permian by 8. DCTF computer and Calpreps computer also pick Permian to win.

            http://www.texasfootball.com/week9preview/
            Computers can't measure heart, effort, determination, and home field energy!

            Comment


            • #96
              Permian has to keep the score relative low...A high scoring game and Permian loses.

              Comment


              • #97
                This can't be right.
                http://www.gosanangelo.com/story/spo...out/802745001/

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by coriv View Post
                  Does this account for Permian fans buying tickets in Odessa? It might not.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    It's weird and definitely people thought it was sold out for a few days and the ticket office finally said something about it today. Reserved is around 3k seats and they were gone in an hour Monday morning... Then almost nothing sold for 3+ days. People on Facebook after this story are tagging other people saying hey look you can buy tickets, stuff like that. So we'll see if it gets out enough so that people end up showing up. At this rate it might be the lightest attended Bobcat game in a long time because of a rumor of no tickets left. Lol?
                    Last edited by Shady12; 10-26-2017, 08:57 PM.

                    GoCentralSports.com

                    2015 3-6A Regular Season Pick Em' Challenge Champion

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by coriv View Post
                      The Less..The Merrier

                      Comment


                      • We had some tickets for sale at the JV games tonight.

                        Permian JV Black 43, SAC 24

                        Permian JV White 26, SAC 18

                        Permian Freshman White 28, SAC 16
                        The Official Home of The Odessa Permian Panthers- www.odessapermian.com

                        Comment


                        • I think those do account for the tickets sold in Odessa. I would assume ECISD buys a certain amount up front and turns around and resells them in Odessa. They probably do the count when they are sold to ECISD.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Jayhawker332 View Post
                            I think those do account for the tickets sold in Odessa. I would assume ECISD buys a certain amount up front and turns around and resells them in Odessa. They probably do the count when they are sold to ECISD.
                            I see, that makes sense. Just seems like such a small number then what i was expecting. Both teams undefeated, battling for the district championship. You'd figure it'd be sold out. Perhaps now that the rumour has been dispersed about no more tickets being left, they might sell a bit more. Possibly some at the gate, too.

                            Comment





                            • GoCentralSports.com

                              2015 3-6A Regular Season Pick Em' Challenge Champion

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by coriv View Post
                                Angry Orange fans see an asswhipping on the horizon, so they're not buying tickets. It's the only logical explanation.
                                Bwahahaha

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X