Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Team with the greatest chance of repeating?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team with the greatest chance of repeating?

Desoto graduated alot...but always reloads and has a chance of going D2 again. D2 may or may not be tougher than D1 but will the off-season fiasco with Peterman effect anything?

LT is a dynasty...true perennial winner regardless of what graduates. BUT can they overcome all of the firepower that they loss and run the tables again in D1?

Which of the two have the greater chance of repeating and why?
    Lake Travis
    70.37%
    Desoto
    29.63%

Richland Springs.

Comment

I'm gunna say LT. I think without Robinson at QB, they might not make it as far. Then again, they have great talent over there, and a great coach. So, i won't be riding them off, as i still think they're in with a chance.

Also agree with txhsfb Richland Springs will repeat, granted nothing crazy happens.

Comment

Toss up. I don't think either will be as good last year. Judson and Katy will provide competition for LT. Desoto faces Chill, KC and several others that could prevent them from making it. If they do make it to the big game Desoto would most likely have the weaker opponent. I am favoring Allen to be in the SC in D1. Allen should be improved. I see Steele making it back because of lack of competition. Unless a young QB really surprises Steele might not be capable of generating enough offense.

Comment

Team strength will be defense. Offense will need to improve(qb play) and gel to showcase playmakers other than rb Walker. Offense will struggle early in season but defense will be strong enough to hold and allow offense to score,gel, and find itself. Will be contender for D2 berth despite youth and sr class loss and Cedar Hill.

Comment

I think LT will have the most difficult path because they have to get by Katy to make the championship. Desoto will not have a easy road and with how the coach was treated you never know how the players are going to react. I still think they have a slightly better chance but to be honest I think either team is going to repeat.

Comment

Aledo

Comment

Originally posted by SLCbacker View Post
                Aledo
                Can you not read?

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcav83 View Post

Can you not read?
                  Yes. I don't think either Desoto or LT will repeat....so my response was Aledo. As you know, it is easier to repeat in the lower division.
                  Last edited by SLCbacker; 07-17-2017, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Yes. I don't think either Desoto or LT will repeat....so my response was Aledo. As you know, it is easier to repeat in the lower division.
                    So you can't read then. LT at least has a chance to repeat its D1 championship. Will SLC repeat its 2nd round flameout too?

Comment

You 2 need to meet in Waco and hash your problems out.
                      Last edited by Von G; 07-17-2017, 10:15 AM.

Comment

So you can't read then. LT at least has a chance to repeat its D1 championship. Will SLC repeat its 2nd round flameout too?
                        You are correct, LT has a chance, but lost a lot. Desoto has a chance, but lost a lot. Shawn Robinson was the difference maker that made Desoto the only undefeated, and best, team last year. I don't see them repeating without him. I see this years LT team closer to the 2014 team (a young team under a lot of pressure to win), than 2016. There is no dominant perennial team in 6A at the moment. It should be a very interesting year.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle2 View Post
                          Team strength will be defense. Offense will need to improve(qb play) and gel to showcase playmakers other than rb Walker. Offense will struggle early in season but defense will be strong enough to hold and allow offense to score,gel, and find itself. Will be contender for D2 berth despite youth and sr class loss and Cedar Hill.

Comment

You are correct, LT has a chance, but lost a lot. Desoto has a chance, but lost a lot. Shawn Robinson was the difference maker that made Desoto the only undefeated, and best, team last year. I don't see them repeating without him. I see this years LT team closer to the 2014 team (a young team under a lot of pressure to win), than 2016. There is no dominant perennial team in 6A at the moment. It should be a very interesting year.
                            You better hope LT doesn't repeat. I have seen the future on the field at LT. Wow! Wait till you see the next QB 😂 Won't lack for big boys up front either. Stay tuned

Comment

You better hope LT doesn't repeat. I have seen the future on the field at LT. Wow! Wait till you see the next QB 😂 Won't lack for big boys up front either. Stay tuned
                              Matthew Baldwin 6'2" 195 Senior QB 1 or 2 star recruit at the moment. A D1 offer from Colorado State and made a verbal commitment.
                              Last edited by SLCDad; 07-17-2017, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X