Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John Tyler in National 7on 7 tournament today in Frisco!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Tyler in National 7on 7 tournament today in Frisco!

JT's first game is against Cedar Hill this morning at 9:30 am. Each team will play 7 games today and play tomorrow as well. JT is in a pool with Tulsa Union, Cedar Hill, Shreveport Evangel, and Highland Park. TOUGH pool! Looking for a decent showing.

Manvel and Highland Park withdrew from the tourney , and Houston Westbury and Frisco Lone Star took their place.

Comment

JT beat Cedar Hill 31-12 in the first game! GREAT JOB JT!

Comment

Originally posted by Johntylerfan View Post
        JT beat Cedar Hill 31-12 in the first game! GREAT JOB JT!
        http://7on7.usafootball.com/Qualifie...Detail?id=1749

Comment

JT beat Mill Valley Kansas and Tulsa Union.

Comment

JT is doing a great job. They just let one game get away from them.

Comment

Originally posted by cujo2002 View Post
              JT is doing a great job. They just let one game get away from them.
              Did JT play in the state tournament 2 weeks ago?

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcav83 View Post

Did JT play in the state tournament 2 weeks ago?
                No.

Couldn't qualify at Tyler SQT.

Comment

Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
                  No.

Ok. Didn't know that. Not good if you can't qualify for the state tournament.

Also, a good source told me that Longview looked VERY salty on defense and had some real speed at WR. This person saw a decent amount of Friday's games.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcav83 View Post

Ok. Didn't know that. Not good if you can't qualify for the state tournament.

Also, a good source told me that Longview looked VERY salty on defense and had some real speed at WR. This person saw a decent amount of Friday's games.
                    Why is it not good? JT didn't play in many SQT this yr. I think only one. And because of a crazy technicality because of a forfeit, the didn't make it out of their pool at the Tyler SQT.

I don't think 7 on 7 defines what kind of season you can have, but its nice to do well in 7 on 7.

Comment

Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
                      No.

JT is still a formidable 7 on 7 team wolfie. Today showed that. Now with that said, JT or any team is never to be judged by their 7 on 7 team. It's great for skills players, but not tell all by any means.

Comment

Good job JT. I'm sure the skill will be formidable this fall.

Comment

JT is still a formidable 7 on 7 team wolfie. Today showed that.
                          I was just answering his question. lol

I think JT was decent this year in 7 on 7 but I won't let the word "national" deter the fact that the SQT's/Texas 7 on 7 had much tougher competition. I think that's what Ltcav was getting it.

Still a decent summer showing from JT. Better than majority of 11-6A.

Comment

JT's first game is against Cedar Hill this morning at 9:30 am. Each team will play 7 games today and play tomorrow as well. JT is in a pool with Tulsa Union, Cedar Hill, Shreveport Evangel, and Highland Park. TOUGH pool! Looking for a decent showing.
                            What was the result of this tourney? Key match ups? Who won?

Comment

Originally posted by SLCbacker View Post

What was the result of this tourney? Key match ups? Who won?
                              The results are at the link above but, unfortunately, there's an issue and the team names aren't displaying.

Comment

Working...
                              X