Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 District 2-6a

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by John Galt View Post

    Or was it, "Raise a family in Midland. Raise HELL in Odessa..."?
    Lol..that was around, but for some reason Odessans took a little pride in that..

    Comment


    • Originally posted by John Galt View Post

      Or was it, "Raise a family in Midland. Raise HELL in Odessa..."?
      In Odessa double tasking was possible when I came to town. Midland has never been able to do both.
      Last edited by mojotrain; 11-09-2017, 03:29 PM.

      Comment


      • Final week:
        Permian 35................. Lee 20
        Midland High 28.......... Odessa High 14
        Central 36................... Tascosa 17

        Comment


        • Well it looks like Arlington Martin’s starting quarterback has returned from injury and helped them put up 40 in the first half against Lamar. The winner of Lee/Permian will more than likely play Martin in the 2nd round as long as they get by their first round game against El Paso. I think it’s a game either Lee or Mojo could win but they would have they would have to put up a ton of points to move on to the 3rd round.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Jayhawker332 View Post
            Well it looks like Arlington Martin’s starting quarterback has returned from injury and helped them put up 40 in the first half against Lamar. The winner of Lee/Permian will more than likely play Martin in the 2nd round as long as they get by their first round game against El Paso. I think it’s a game either Lee or Mojo could win but they would have they would have to put up a ton of points to move on to the 3rd round.
            I think I'll have faith in the D, provided they can do well against this very high-powered O of Lee. Either way, that will be a tough game. Don't think any of our district will have a problem getting past the first round. Except for whoever comes up against Montwood, so either Tascosa or Midland.

            Comment


            • Permian over Lee 38-28
              MHS over OHS 31-24
              San Angelo over Amarillo Tascosa 38-21

              Comment


              • All the best to the teams playing today, except Lee. I'll wish you guys best of luck on your trip over to El Paso next week, lol. Safe travels to all the fans and praying that there won't be anymore injuries for any of our teams. Let's go MOJO!

                Comment


                • Last night, I was watching a football game on ESPN2 between Pitt and UNC. During the third quarter (I think), a Gatorade commercial came on, where it appeared to be a team football practice. At the bottom of the screen, the caption showed, Odessa, Texas. Really couldn't tell what team was practicing, because it only showed one of the players drinking Gatorade, with a voice that said; "You think this is hard? - this is only practice!" Just wondering if anyone else has seen this commercial, and was it really one of the local schools? At the end, a voice says; "Gatorade - enjoy it anywhere."
                  Last edited by BipSkayless; 11-10-2017, 10:59 AM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by BipSkayless View Post
                    Last night, I was watching a football game on ESPN2 between Pitt and UNC. During the third quarter (I think), a Gatorade commercial came on, where it appeared to be a team football practice. At the bottom of the screen, the caption showed, Odessa, Texas. Really couldn't tell what team was practicing, because it only showed one of the players drinking Gatorade, with a voice that said; "You think this is hard? - this is only practice!" Just wondering if anyone else has seen this commercial, and was it really one of the local schools? At the end, a voice says; "Gatorade - enjoy it anywhere."
                    Didn't see it last night, but commercial been around awhile ..looked like they were doing grass drills..

                    Comment


                    • Yeah. I've seen that for maybe at least a year or more. Don't think that's Odessa or any real football team. It's the magic of television!

                      GoCentralSports.com

                      2015 3-6A Regular Season Pick Em' Challenge Champion

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by BipSkayless View Post
                        Last night, I was watching a football game on ESPN2 between Pitt and UNC. During the third quarter (I think), a Gatorade commercial came on, where it appeared to be a team football practice. At the bottom of the screen, the caption showed, Odessa, Texas. Really couldn't tell what team was practicing, because it only showed one of the players drinking Gatorade, with a voice that said; "You think this is hard? - this is only practice!" Just wondering if anyone else has seen this commercial, and was it really one of the local schools? At the end, a voice says; "Gatorade - enjoy it anywhere."
                        "This is only the warm up! Play time's over. (whistle blows) Again!"

                        Yes, I watch a LOT of sports.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by John Galt View Post

                          Or was it, "Raise a family in Midland. Raise HELL in Odessa..."?
                          Hey, old Barrett Stadium is in Leander!
                          The Official Home of The Odessa Permian Panthers- www.odessapermian.com

                          Comment


                          • Odessa has Hooters, Twin Peaks and Bottoms Up. Midland has the H W Bush home and a space port.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by mojotrain View Post
                              Midland has........a space port.
                              And the space company just filed for bankruptcy.

                              The Official Home of The Odessa Permian Panthers- www.odessapermian.com

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by odessapermian.com View Post

                                Hey, old Barrett Stadium is in Leander!
                                May your current head football coach go forward with his plan to intentionally use multiple quarterbacks for the remainder of the season

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X