Official 2017 11-6A Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trinity-Jagger View Post

Very understandable, I`ve just never been a big ( Cool-Aide) drinker,,,,,,, proof will be in the pudding (and we still have a lot of meat to eat,before we get any pudding

GO JAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Why do I feel like pinkfloyd should have made that statement?
    Last edited by RHSJFND; 10-12-2017, 01:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WP4L™ View Post
      Totally understand the turnovers argument. No argument can be made on that. Longview has been down that road enough times for me to understand.

My question then would be... why couldn't Rockwall force the same turnovers that other less talented teams defensively seem to have forced on them? I don't post em but I collect stats every week and have been shocked at the lack of turnovers caused by the Rockwall D.

They are far and away one of the more talented defenses in DFW. No one in 11-6A outside of maybe JT had no business being on Rockwall's level defensively based on talent coming into the season. Longview had the experience for sure returning on defense but we don't have 5-6 kids on defense about to play D1 ball.

When you have a decent offense...wanna know the most important stat for bend don't break D? Forced turnovers.
      ​​​​​​
      Here is how 11-6A ranks defensively in terms of forced turnovers:

1. Mesquite Horn (16)
      2. Longview (13)
      3. North Mesquite (11)
      T4. John Tyler (9)
      T4. Rockwall-Heath (9)
      6. Mesquite (8)
      7. Tyler Lee (7)
      8. Rockwall (3)

It's not exact...but notice how these rankings sort of reflect the current standings? Every defense out there will give up yards...but you gotta get those turnovers to truly be on that "bend don't break" level. The Barron's, the Orji's...I just expected Rockwall to be higher up this list. But as I said, Rockwall is a playoff team and although I think the offense will be the main reason why they make it, I think you will start seeing a different D from here on out in Rockwall. We'll see!
      ​​​​​
      Where did you get Rockwall's turnover numbers from? It's incorrect. We have forced 7 this year. One interception and six fumbles.

3 against Highland Park, 1 against Rowlett, 1 against Southlake Carroll, 1 against John Tyler and 1 against Longview.

That's why I'm confused on the defense forcing turnovers thing. Yea, 3 would be pretty low. But 7 isn't too much of a down trend to me, relative to the rest of 11-6A. Before the Longview game we had 6 y'all had 8. That's negligible.

Offense is where our turnover trend is in a downward spiral.

Comment

• Originally posted by hook em 22 View Post
        Where did you get Rockwall's turnover numbers from?
        Rockwally guy gave em to me.

Said Rockwall caused:

1INT vs HP
        1 fumble vs SLC
        1 fumble vs Longview

DMN said the same thing so I ran with it.
        Last edited by WP4L™; 10-12-2017, 03:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RHSJFND View Post

Was thinking of pinkfloyd when used that comparison,,,glad someone got some fun with my choice of words for camparison with that,,
          As my mother always said before dinner,"don`t eat your supper,no snack for you"
          Bye the way though I did love the cool-aide lemon lime when I was younger

GO JAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Mesquite Horn Jaquars / Son- Class of `14 Daughter- Class of `17 JHHS Jf​L
          Men are to be guided only by their self-interests. Good government is a good balancing of these; and, except a keen eye and appetite for self-interest, requires no virtue in any quarter.
          Elijah Parish Lovejoy

Comment

• Originally posted by RHSJFND View Post

I should have made that statement. LOL. I've lost a step.

Comment

• Time to get this show back on the road.

Week Eight schedule is a biggie:
              Rockwall at Mesquite Horn
              John Tyler at Rockwall Heath
              Mesquite at Tyler Lee
              North Mesquite at Longview
              THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A STATE CHAMPIONS
              5A Division 1, 2008 4A Division I, 2009 4A Division I State Finalst
              37 District Championships
              '47, '75, '10 State Semi-Finalist
              '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
              '04, '11, '12, '13 Regional Finalist
              '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14 Area Finalist
              '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

• Next week games are really going to be crucial for those teams wanting to secure a playoff spot. It's gonna be a great week.

Comment

• There's some sort of story for every single game this week.

JT @ Heath - Probably the biggest game in the district this week. Personally, I think Horn, Longview and Rockwall are pretty much already playoff bound. So you know what that means, right? Winner of this game would more than likely be that 4th team. You have to like Heath's chances in this game. Theyre at home and seem to be playing better than JT as of late. I will take Heath in a close one but if JT was to finally wake up, I can see it being this week as well.

Rockwall @ Mesquite Horn - Gives JT-Heath a run for its money in terms of game of the week. Horn is ROLLING right now, but if there is someone capable of knocking them off, it'd be their former coach Rodney Webb at Rockwall. I expect plenty of points to be scored in this one and it's gonna come down to which D can make the crucial stop. Will it be the Horn defense which has been playing beyond expectations, leading the district in forced turnovers? Or will it be the talented Rockwall which is due to hit stride any game now? I'm going with Webb and Rockwall in a very close one.

North Mesquite @ Longview - Crazy enough, NM has been better than we realize. Unfortunately this game could be ugly. Longview has found an identity offensively, defense has been causing crazy turnovers and it's at Lobo. I don't think this will be close at all but like Horn, Longview must remain focused and finish out the schedule.

Mesquite @ Tyler Lee - Both of these teams are pretty much eliminated from playoff contention, but it still has story lines. Battle of last place...which sounds bad but that's exactly what it is. The Mesquite D has actually been forcing turnovers this season but their offense has been so horrendous, it hasn't even mattered. Give me Lee at home because they have Amie.
                  Last edited by WP4L™; 10-14-2017, 03:03 PM.

Comment

I will take Heath in a close one but if JT was to finally wake up, I can see it being this week as well.
                    I think this implies that John Tyler is something that they're not. Every team, going into week 8, is what they are at this point.

There's 8 teams in this district, and I think all but one are in situations that they can't afford another loss. Obviously some teams are going to make the playoffs despite losing this week, but in terms of momentum in the final weeks of the season, playoff seeding and the district race...just can't afford it.
                    THE HISTORY OF LONGVIEW LOBO FOOTBALL

1937 1A STATE CHAMPIONS
                    5A Division 1, 2008 4A Division I, 2009 4A Division I State Finalst
                    37 District Championships
                    '47, '75, '10 State Semi-Finalist
                    '40, '86, '96, '02, '07, '15 State Quarterfinalist
                    '04, '11, '12, '13 Regional Finalist
                    '83, '85, '87, '89, '91, '93, '01, '06, '14 Area Finalist
                    '24, '31, '34, '36, '42, '67, '72, '74, '76, '80, '84, '92, '03, '05, '16 Bi-District Finalist

Comment

• That statement has more to do with Heath than JT.

As much as Heath is 2-0 so far in district play, you never really know what you'll get from this team weekly. And that seems to be them yearly. Beat Rockwall but then struggled the next week against NM whom JT beat by 37.

I think when both teams are at their peak, Heath wins. But what Heath team will show up Friday? I'll go with Heath but for that reason I wouldn't be shocked to see either team win.

Comment

That statement has more to do with Heath than JT.

As much as Heath is 2-0 so far in district play, you never really know what you'll get from this team weekly. And that seems to be them yearly. Beat Rockwall but then struggled the next week against NM whom JT beat by 37.

I think when both teams are at their peak, Heath wins. But what Heath team will show up Friday? I'll go with Heath but for that reason I wouldn't be shocked to see either team win.
                        I agree with you. I was wrong about JT this year. I really thought they would be a very good team. Win district? Maybe not. But, the loss of Smith has been far greater than even I thought it would be. I know he was great, but I thought they would have so many quality starters back that they would be a good team. Look, they may beat Heath, but strictly going on what I saw against us, JT is not as good as I thought. They don't have even close to the team speed Longview and Horn have. To me, they are downright slow. On offense and defense. And their Qb play is terrible. They didn't make a bunch of mistakes against us, and we played mistake free and we saw what that turned into. Unless Horn and Longview play terribly, JT has no shot at beating you guys. None. LV is so much bigger and faster. Can they beat Heath, yea... We see what matchups do to us against Heath. But, I just don't think it happens. Going to have to go with Heath. I think JT is this year's Heath. They could be a good team that is on the outside looking in this year. A 41 point loss almost certainly kills a threeway or more point differential tiebreaker for them. Essentially, they almost have to win one of the "big" games. We have the head to head plus the plus/minus almost certainly. I think JT gets left out this yr.

Comment

I agree with you. I was wrong about JT this year. I really thought they would be a very good team. Win district? Maybe not. But, the loss of Smith has been far greater than even I thought it would be. I know he was great, but I thought they would have so many quality starters back that they would be a good team. Look, they may beat Heath, but strictly going on what I saw against us, JT is not as good as I thought. They don't have even close to the team speed Longview and Horn have. To me, they are downright slow. On offense and defense. And their Qb play is terrible. They didn't make a bunch of mistakes against us, and we played mistake free and we saw what that turned into. Unless Horn and Longview play terribly, JT has no shot at beating you guys. None. LV is so much bigger and faster. Can they beat Heath, yea... We see what matchups do to us against Heath. But, I just don't think it happens. Going to have to go with Heath. I think JT is this year's Heath. They could be a good team that is on the outside looking in this year. A 41 point loss almost certainly kills a threeway or more point differential tiebreaker for them. Essentially, they almost have to win one of the "big" games. We have the head to head plus the plus/minus almost certainly. I think JT gets left out this yr.
                          that is why they play the game. JT could still win out who know. They aren’t as bad as you are making them out to be.

Comment

• There will still be upsets in this district. I don't see anyone running the table. Rockwall is 1-4 and I am scared to death playing them this week. Webb has two weeks to get ready for Horn. Heath has been up and down this year. JT has not meet expectations but they have two weeks to get it together for the Heath game. Longview hit a speed bump but seem to have gotten it together. North can upset a upper tier team if they play really well or if a team plays really bad. Adjustments made by the coaching staffs will be a huge factor in this district. Who can get the most of their team down the stretch will be huge.

Comment

• JT should be back at full strength when they play heath, so get ready 😎.
                              JOHN TYLER FOOTBALL 2016!

2015 Class 5A Divison 1 Area Finalist

2015 District 16 5A Champion

Current Ranking: #16 (tie) (6A) (AP Poll)

2016 Record (2-0) (0-0)

Comment

"JT has no shot at beating you guys." Lmao 😂😂. Y'all kill me on here.
                                JOHN TYLER FOOTBALL 2016!

2015 Class 5A Divison 1 Area Finalist

2015 District 16 5A Champion

Current Ranking: #16 (tie) (6A) (AP Poll)

2016 Record (2-0) (0-0)

Comment

Working...
                                X